Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Day I Said "I Do"

It seems that the only appropriate first post of a blog named "Life After 'I Do'" should be about the day it all began - the day I became Mrs. Brito. 

June 15, 2013 was one of the most memorable days of my life. Not only because it was the day I married my best friend, but because I look back at that day and I am overwhelmed by the all the warmth and love poured on us by our friends and family. God truly blessed us with a day full of love, joy, peace, and sunshine.

They say it'll be the fastest day of your life, and although I look back and wonder where time went, I can honestly say I enjoyed that day to the fullest and soaked up as much as I could. Here are a few significant moments that are so precious to me.

1. Waking up to sunshine and perfect weather after whole week of rain. I think of it and smile, because only God knows how much that meant to me.
2. Sleeping at a hotel with my bridesmaids the night before, and a peaceful morning getting ready all together. It was so precious to spend those last few hours as a "single lady" with my best friends who have been there in every season of my life.
3. Walking down the aisle with my dad, and then walking back with my HUSBAND.
4. Dancing to "Love Me Tender" with my husband, sung by the lovely Norah Jones and just embracing that moment. Dancing with my dad, who filled me with kind words throughout. And watching my husband dance with his mom as she cried in her first-born son's arms.
5. Arriving in our HOME for the very first time. And then, well.... ;)

The list can go on and on... but I guess I can say these are a few of my favorites. 

(Photography by Melissa Young - melissayoungphotography.com


Over the past few years I've learned how much I love life - from the simple things like a sunny day to the things like relationships that can get complicated, messy and yet be so beautiful. And by relationships I don't only mean dating and marriage - I also mean friendships, parent-child, siblings, etc. With a "Family and Child Studies" degree, it's no wonder I loved all my core classes in college. More and more I've found myself intrigued by books and blogs about life and relationships, especially those who mirror the way God created them to be. So I've decided to join the blog world and share my journey in life as well. It may be simple things like food and projects for the home, or things about relationships that I've learned, read, or been inspired by. Here's to something new!

*If you'd like to see some more wedding photos, click here melissayoungphotography.com/blog/?p=6192


No comments:

Post a Comment